Traditionally, companies source their executive teams and boards of directors solely through their existing networks of employees, investors, friends or family. This tends to lead to companies being led by groups who are not very reflective of their workforce or customer base.
In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge sits down with Clinton Browning, partner and Head of Dreamscape at Daversa, an executive search firm for tech professionals. Clinton discusses the importance that hiring a diverse board and executive team has on the success of Tech companies and how starting from the top will change the hiring ecosystem in the future.
- The importance of being inclusive and intentional when building your company’s board and executive team
- How George Floyd’s death led Daversa to create Dreamscape
- How Dreamscape is helping companies in the Tech space put into practice their goals to diversify executive roles
- How his team has built an impressive network of 3000 black executives
- What younger tech professionals can do to make themselves more attractive to executive search firms
- And more
Connect With Clinton Browning:
Connect With Malcolm Ethridge:
About Our Guest:
Clinton is responsible for leading Davera’s Business unit, Dreamscape, which is dedicated to ensuring there is Black representation on the boards and executive teams of the most important companies and investing firms in technology. He has an over 25+ year career, starting at Korn Ferry where he helped develop and scale Diversity practice on a global scale. Clint is an alumni of The University of California, Berkeley, an entrepreneur, a builder, an advocate, and a true family man. He credits his success to his family foundation.