If you are a person who is paid in restricted stock units each year, it’s important that you develop a plan for how and when you will convert those shares into actual dollars well before they actually vest. Doing so will help to ensure that no matter what direction the markets move over time, you will end up with something to show for all of your hard work.
In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge discusses The Tech Money Guide to Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). He explains how to incorporate those shares into your overall financial plan, and answers some of the more common questions he gets about managing restricted stocks.
- Why it’s important to own equity in the company you work for
- How to avoid being double-taxed on RSUs that you’ve sold
- What people often overlook about their restricted stock units
- How to determine the right balance between holding and selling your RSUs
- And more
Connect With Malcolm Ethridge:
- The Tech Money Podcast
- LinkedIn: Malcolm Ethridge
- Connect with Malcolm
- Download the Tech Money Guide to RSUs