Unsure whether and how to ask for more equity when negotiating your new compensation package? The 30 minutes you spend negotiating your new employment agreement could change the course of your entire future, and negotiating for more equity can be the driving force for that change.
In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge sits down with Brooke Harley, Founder and CEO of Class Rebel, to shed light on compensation negotiations and explain ways to ask for more equity. Brooke discusses Class Rebel’s role in preparing their students and arming them with the foundational key terms and concepts that make up an equity agreement.
- The potential long term impact of equity negotiations
- The importance of understanding the basics of stock option plans and how they work
- The value of seeking out a competing offer
- Understanding what’s negotiable in an equity offer and what’s not
- And more
- Episode 23 – The Gender Pay Gap Around Equity Compensation with Brooke Harley
- Time to Negotiate Your Next Pay Increase? Ask for Stock Instead of More Cash
Connect With Brooke Harley:
Connect With Malcolm Ethridge:
About Our Guest:
Brooke Harley is the founder and CEO of Class Rebel, an online class e-learning company that offers classes focused on wealth, building angel investing, and the basics of managing equity.
She also has an MBA in finance and earned a JD from York University before founding Class Rebel. Brooke has worked as a corporate attorney as well as a venture investor and startup board member.