Your equity compensation can have an outsized impact on your overall portfolio, so it is key to set your strategy ahead of time and find tools that will help you stick to your plan to diversify.
In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge sits down with Bill Dillhoefer, CEO of Net Worth Strategies Inc, as they discuss the importance of diversification when managing employer stock and options. Bill introduces his platform, StockOpter.com, and how it helps financial planning professionals make decisions on behalf of clients who are paid in equity.
Bill Dillhoefer discusses:
- The information gap between employers and their employees who are paid in equity, and why it exists
- The importance of reviewing and understanding the grant document
- Forfeiture value and why you need to understand it
- How concentration risk impacts your employer stocks and options
- How to set a strategy to diversify a concentrated equity position
- And more
Connect With Bill Dillhoefer:
- (541) 383-3899
- Net Worth Strategies Inc.
- LinkedIn: Bill Dillhoefer
- LinkedIn: Net Worth Strategies Inc.
Connect With Malcolm Ethridge:
About Our Guest:
The president and CEO of Net Worth Strategies, Bill DIllhoefer has been with the firm since 2000 and became its CEO in January 2018. His firm provides professional equity compensation risk analysis and tax planning tools. Bill is responsible for all business and product development activities for their industry acclaimed “StockOpter” platforms. His goal is to help advisors and their clients make timely, informed, and profitable company stock and option decisions.