Historically, gold and other precious metals have been how we trade with one another across borders and globally. Gold bars were the original store value before there was such a thing as the US dollar. The gold standard was so consistent in its ability to maintain its value through varying economic cycles that we backed up our dollars with it. Incorporating precious metals into a diversified portfolio as a hedge against the volatility in both the stock and bond markets sounds like a good idea.
In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge speaks with Patrick Yip from APMEX about diversifying investment portfolios with precious metals. Patrick explains why precious metals are a favorable investment during hyperinflation and why so many Americans continue to put their money toward gold and silver despite the approaching cashless society. Patrick then discusses how his company, OneGold, allows people to invest in gold and silver effortlessly through their credit card rewards.
- The types of precious metals APMEX sells and the various forms they are available in.
- Why Americans should own and invest in precious metals in a time of hyperinflation
- Why do Americans continue to invest in precious metals, even though we’re approaching a cashless society
- How OneGold’s credit card lets you earn rewards in the form of gold and silver, rather than points or cash-back
- And more
Connect With Patrick Yip:
Connect With Malcolm Ethridge:
- The Tech Money Podcast
- LinkedIn: Malcolm Ethridge
- Connect with Malcolm
- Download the Tech Money Guide to RSUs
About Our Guest:
Patrick Yip is the Director of Business Development at APMEX, and currently manages One Gold, a digital precious metal platform. Mr. Yip joined APMEX in 2011 and held roles in merchandising, sales, project management, and business development. Before APMEX, Patrick worked for asset management companies, and at Fortune 500s, such as Disney and Twentieth Century Fox.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed