Did you know that 70% of families lose their wealth by the second generation, and 90% lose wealth by the third?
There are actionable steps you could be taking to avoid this from happening.
In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge sits down with Elsa W. Smith, founder of the Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith, as they discuss the role that proper estate planning plays in maintaining generational wealth. The duo discuss the importance of planning now and keeping your documents up to date.
- What led her to create the Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith and how she found a passion for estate planning
- The differences between a will and a trust, and why you might want to consider having both
- What happens in the probate process and how you can avoid it
- How to make sure your trust is properly funded
- Bringing multiple generations into the estate planning conversation
- And more
Connect With Elsa W. Smith:
- Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith
- LinkedIn: Elsa W. Smith
- Facebook: Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith
- Twitter: Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith
- Contact Malcolm
- LinkedIn: Malcolm Ethridge
About Our Guest:
Elsa W. Smith is the founder and principal of the Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith, LLC. Elsa focuses her practice on wills and estate planning and startup business consulting. She counsels individuals, families and business owners in the creation of wills, trusts, financial powers of attorney and advance directives. In addition, Elsa assists small and emerging businesses with contract drafting and review, corporate organization, drafting business policies, expansion and growth consultations, and business succession planning.